6.2 Google reads your mobile site

2 Comments
Collapse Comments
flodebretagne@gmail.com 22nd April 2021 at 01:52

I checked the analytics, and here is what I have found for my own website, for the past year: Apr 21 2020 to Apr 21st 2021: 52% desktop, 44% mobiles, 4% tablets. Should I still focus on the mobile version as it’s second after desktop for me?

admin (Administrator) 27th April 2021 at 16:01

Hi Flo

It’s close (desktop -v- mobile). Best practice is to design for mobile and then expand the design for the desktop (rather than design for the desktop and then chop bits off for mobile users). Also Google reads your mobile version.

As for how that impacts you practically with regard to SEO, I would just bear that in mind as you make changes and check for errors in Webmaster Tools.

In Analytics, check your audience behaviour in desktop -v- mobile. If, say, your bounce rate for mobile users is twice as high as it is for desktop then that’s a problem that needs to be addressed.

But in terms of SEO, it’s all still the same page structure, so I would cleave apart the two issues. Mobile usability is important, definitely. But you’re not building two websites. It’s the same site and structure, you just need to make sure everyone can access it.

Leave a Comment